VisionPal Data Protection Policy
VisionPal collects information to ensure our service meets your requirements and to understand your needs better.
VisionPal aims to be in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and this privacy notice aims to explain our Data Protection Policy for the collection, usage, sharing and protection of your personal information
Ways We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect your personal information when you:
- Subscribe to our services
- Sign up for alerts or newsletters
- Contact us with a question or request for assistance
The Information We Collect
The information we collect depends on the VisionPal products and services you use and subscribe to.
If you are a patient or an interested customer, we require the following to provide you with accurate service.
- Personal information- First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Gender
- Contact information- Email, Password, Postal code, Contact number
- Health information- Diabetes Type, Diabetes Duration, High Blood Pressure, History of Cholesterol, History of Eye Surgery, History of Heart Disease
- Biometric data – retina eye images, anterior segment images, cornea images
- Payment information – Methods of payment
VisionPal may also collect additional information to better understand your needs and improve our services. These include, but are not limited to:
Your interaction with us – e.g. emails, or a recording of a call you make to our service staff
Information on your use of our services – e.g. quantity of screenings conducted on an annual basis
Information on equipment – e.g. Smartphone operating systems, slit lamp models, Fundus camera models.
How We Use Your Information
The personal information is used to ensure that the service offered by VisionPal meets your expectations and our healthcare duty to you.
- The personal information is used for the accurate association of your medical data collected from eye screenings and optometrists visits
- The biometric data is required for the provision of our services to you as our software uses it for the image processing.
- The contact information is used to inform you when there are updates to your medical data, results, referrals and other necessary information where your action may be required.
- Demographic Information and Health Information is used to provide the attending optometrist background information on your clinical data and any possible causality. This section may be provided by you during a physical screening or it may be provided by the attending optometrist if it is required to aid diagnosis of a condition.
In addition, we may use the collected information for the following purposes:
- Verification of identity
- Provisioning & administration of services
- Process your orders and activate or deactivate services
- Enable us to process bills and payments
- Respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised
- Inform you about service upgrades and updates
- Store information for performing certain functions such as completing forms, facilitating website navigation, authentication, and enabling marketing and advertising technology
- Perform quality improvement analysis by examining aggregated usage behaviour of our services and websites
- Provide updates, offers, invitations to events and deliver relevant advertising, including through direct marketing with your consent
- Inform you of service and security issues
Legal & Regulatory Requirements
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
We will not offer, publish or share your personal data with third parties outside of the VisionPal Group for commercial purposes, without seeking your explicit permission.
All active patient information and medical data is kept securely by VisionPal for Five (5) years after the last transaction as per VisionPal medical data retention policies in line with regulatory requirements.
Patient eye images that has been uploaded, but not acted upon or analyzed, will be expunged from the system after six (6) months.
Right To Amend Data
You may request for an amendment of your data if there are any errors. You must take reasonable steps to ensure that the data held is updated and accurate for the purposes required.
Data change requests are via email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to Delete/Port/Access Data
You may request for a deletion, porting, or access of your data from VisionPal. Upon such a request being made, VisionPal will contact you within 30 days to verify the request and begin processing if validated. For more complex data requests, VisionPal will determine a suitable timeframe without undue delay, and any associated engineering costs, for the request.
Data requests are via email to : email@example.com
Sharing Your Information
We may share your information with:
- Companies in the VisionPal
- Business partners and vendors we work with to deliver services you have subscribed to
- Industry regulators and other government organisations, as required by local laws and regulations
- Financial institutions for purposes such as facilitating card payments
- Research institutions for market analysis purposes
Your information is disclosed to the above only for relevant purposes (please refer to those mentioned in this Policy) or to protect the interests of our customers.
Where possible, VisionPal will strive to encrypt, minimise and de-identify data before sharing it.
VisionPal will not share data with any overseas organisations unless you have given explicit consent for such data sharing arrangements.
If the eye screening is paid for or sponsored by an agency, the agency will be granted access to retain marketing personal information provided by the individuals, excluding any sensitive medical information. The agency agrees to use this information solely for marketing purposes. The individuals' medical information will remain strictly confidential and will not be shared with the agency.
Links To Other Sites
Protecting Your Information
We have implemented stringent measures to secure and protect your information. These include:
- Safeguards to prevent security breaches in our network and database systems
- Cloud based processors abide by PDPA regulations and industry codes of conduct
- Limits on access to information in our systems and the systems of our business partners and vendors
- Strict verification processes to prevent unauthorised access to information
Respecting Your Contact Preferences
VisionPal is committed to complying with the Do Not Call (DNC) provisions. We may send marketing messages to your Singapore telephone number if:
you have given us consent or if you have not registered with the national DNC Registry.
If you wish to continue receiving such messages or to opt-out, you can indicate your preference at any time via email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that after opting out, you may still continue to receive non-marketing messages, such as product updates and service notices as permitted under applicable local laws and regulations.
This Policy is to be read together with our Terms of Services and applies to all products and services provided by VisionPal